Student Information on Disability Services
Students are responsible for initiating the accommodation request process. You should begin these steps immediately after you’ve registered for classes and before the term begins. To discuss specific needs and to request accommodations prior to each term, please contact a Career Education Advisor at (503) 842-8222 ext. 1145.
A student requesting support services must:
- Submit proper documentation supporting the disability
- Complete an Accommodations Request Form
- Provide a copy of your class schedule
Here is how you can become eligible for accommodations:
- All documentation must be administered within the last three years.
- All documentation must be on file before services are provided.
- All students must be registered for classes before services are provided.
- All documentation requires the physician or other qualified professional to provide the following:
- Present a clear statement of diagnosis;
- Present the symptoms that the student displays that meet the criteria for the diagnosis;
- Identify the status of the student's condition (static or changing);
- A summary of assessment procedures;
- The academic impact of the disability on the student;
- Suggested reasonable accommodations which are supported by the diagnosis;
- Statement must be typed on the professional's letterhead, signed, and contain the professional's title and credentials.
It is the policy of Tillamook Bay Community College and its Board that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the grounds of race, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability height/weight ratio, organizational affiliation, or political affiliation in any educational programs, activities or employment. Lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in career and technical education programs. Persons having questions about nondiscrimination should contact the Dean of Administrative Services at TBCC, 4301 Third Street, Tillamook, Oregon, Room 110, Phone (503) 842-8222, ext. 1020 or TDD (503) 842-2467.
- Collect your documentation of disability. See the list of needed documentation above.
- Meet with a Career Education Advisor. You and your advisor will discuss appropriate accommodations based on your disability. Please bring your class schedule for the upcoming term.
- Work with your Career Education Advisor to complete an "Approved Academic Accommodations" form. This form is completed each term for your instructors.
- Have a great term!
· Section 504 Coordinator, Michele Burton, Director of Student Services, 4301 Third Street, Tillamook, Oregon, Room 116, Phone (503) 842-8222, ext. 1110
· Title II Coordinator, Pat Ryan, Director - Facilities, Human Resources, Safety, 4301 Third Street, Tillamook, Oregon, Room 122, Phone (503) 842-8222, ext. 1020
· Title IX Coordinator, Lori Gates, Chief Academic Officer, 4301 Third Street, Tillamook, Oregon, Room 110, Phone (503) 842-8222, ext. 1030
To schedule an appointment, or for more information, contact Career Education Advisor (503)842-8222 x1145