Students who successfully complete the Administrative Office Professional AAS will:
(1) produce professional, error free, timely documents by using current and emerging software and hardware technology; evaluate and analyze new tasks to determine what computer technology should be utilized to effectively complete the tasks;
(2) perform general office tasks: plan and participate in meetings; coordinate travel arrangement; schedule appointments; greet clients/customer; process mail; manage equipment, supplies, and other resources in a timely manner to maintain workplace efficiency;
(3) work effectively in a team and group setting by understanding roles within teams, work units, departments, and organizations; exhibit effective people skills to deal with a variety of personalities and diverse individuals;
(4) effectively communicate creative and critical ideas; respond effectively both verbally and in written format to the spoken, written, and visual ideas of others; collaborate with others to develop and implement company vision, goals, and tasks;
(5) analyze the effectiveness of office practices and procedures and recommend and implement necessary changes; use planning and time management principles to accomplish workplace efficiency and achieve company objectives;
(6) use critical thinking, organization, and problem solving to effectively manage numeric, alphabetic, and digital data; apply knowledge of basic accounting procedures to the basic record-keeping requirements of a business using applicable technology.
Degrees and Certificates
See the catalog(pdf) for the information regarding program requirements.
| Helpful Links