Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q.           How will TBCC contact me regarding financial aid?

The financial aid office will be using the TBCC email to contact students. Students with questions are asked to visit Student Services or make a financial aid appointment.

Q.           I have questions about financial aid who do I need to ask?

Located in student services, the financial aid office is available for questions in person, by phone (503) 842-8222 x1130, or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

Q.           How do I make an appointment with a financial aid advisor?

Appointments can be made by phone or email.

Q.           I will be taking a class at TBCC and classes at PCC in 2015-2016. At which school will my financial aid award letter need to be completed?

As long as you have at least one class each term at TBCC you will need to complete your financial aid through TBCC.

Q.           If I am taking summer classes, will I have to pay up front or will the college be able to apply my balance to my financial aid?

As long as you have an accepted 2015-2016 financial aid award letter showing on your course and fee statement for summer and the amount is enough to pay your balance you will not have to pay up front for tuition fees and books. To view your course and fee statement log onto MyTBCC, select the student tab, click on "Student Finances" on the left hand side and then generate your course and fee statement.

Q.           I plan to transfer to PCC in 2015-2016 what do I need to do?

Students who plan to attend only PCC in 2015-2016 will need to submit a revision request letting PCC know that they will not be attending TBCC in 2015-2016. Revision request forms are available online at www.PCC.ed/fa.

Q.           How will these changes in financial aid affect veteran’s (VA) services?

 As of Spring 2014, TBCC will  provide VA services and official transcripts.

Q.           How will I receive my financial aid refund?

TBCC has two options for financial aid refunds. Students can choose direct deposit or a check will be mailed the student's address on file. Students can sign up for direct deposit by completing a form available at the TBCC bookstore or online under "student finances"on the student tab when logged on to MyTBCC.

Q.           When will I receive my financial aid refund?

Students who have an accepted award letter before the start of the term will typically receive their grant money the end of the second week of the term. New student loan borrowers will receive their loans 30 days after the start of the term.

Q.           If I take classes at TBCC summer term how will that affect my PELL grant?

The PELL grant pays for the maximum of 3 full time terms. Students who are only receiving PELL will see a reduction in their financial aid in another term when they receive PELL money for summer term classes (see Full year PELL examples).

Financial Aid Information

Types of Financial Aid

Financial Literacy

Contact Financial Aid

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Phone: (503) 842-8222, ext. 1130, 1135

Toll free 1-888-306-8222 ext. 1130, 1135

Fax: (503) 842-8334

Open 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday

Feel free to drop by

Extended hours for registration during the first week of classes each term.

Extended Hours
Monday - Thursday, 7:30 AM - 6:30 PM

Closed Fridays through July and August
Tillamook Bay Community College
4301 Third Street
Tillamook, OR 97141


Like us on Facebook.