1. Treat everyone as adults.
2. Always use a normal tone of voice when extending a verbal welcome. Don't raise your voice unless requested.
3. When introduced to a person with limited hand use or who wears an artificial limb, you may wish to shake the left hand or touch the person on the shoulder or arm.
4. When introduced to a person with a visual impairment, let her extend her hand for you to take.
5. Always speak directly to the person with a disability, not to an interpreter or any other person accompanying him. Never turn to the person with him and ask, "What does he want?"
To schedule an appointment, or for more information, contact Disability Services Advisor (503) 842-8222 x1145.